Welcome to Stone Ridge Montessori
Our role is simple: to help bring out the creative intelligence that is every child’s gift.
About the Montessori School System
The Montessori educational system was created more than 100 years ago by an Italian physician and educator, Maria Montessori. The Montessori system stresses independence, freedom within limits, and an inherent respect for a child’s natural, physical and social development.
Specific characteristics of the Montessori system include:
- Mixed age classrooms
- Students choose from an arrange of instructional options
- Uninterrupted blocks of work time
- Students learn through hands-on work with materials
- Specialized Montessori educational materials
- Freedom of movement within the classroom
- A trained Montessori teacher
In addition, many Montessori schools design their programs with reference to Montessori’s model of human development from her published works.